Why Heart Rate Variability?
Technological developments and in the past year due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, there have been so many more improvements that have paved the way for incredible changes in healthcare which enables you to take greater control of the process.
In the health-care sector, there’s a mobile app for almost everything. Doctors, tech gurus, and patients are all putting their heads together to discover new ways to monitor personal health. You can now track your daily sleep patterns, count calories, research treatment options, your heart rate, and now monitor your STRESS LEVELS.
As part of our unique method, we have chosen to partner with a company pioneering the effort in heart rate variability (HRV) measurement, EliteHRV. Measuring the variability of your heart beat allows us to observe and track the actual effect of all sources of stress, and its accumulation over time.
This is done with only a 5 minute daily reading taken when you wake-up. Think of it as a window that allows us to view your Central Nervous System and lets us us know if you are either primarily in sympathetic (fight, flight or freeze) or parasympathetic (rest and digest) dominance.
We originally started using this with our female athletes as a training performance tool, but came to find out that their stressors, more often than not, were from dealing with life and not from over-training.
We discovered that stressors such as worrying about their job, money, relationships, a friend or family member who is ill or in crisis were playing much greater roles in their health issues than their workouts.
This was an surprising discovery and created a paradigm shift in our coaching methods. It enabled us to help guide them with tools and techniques so they could mitigate and manage their stress and get them results.
And do you want to know what else was amazing?
They started to make even higher achievements by focusing on managing their stress levels.
- lost the excess weight
- got off medications
- slept better
- their relationships improved
- they got sick less often
- and some of them even got job promotions!
We knew that we were on to something incredible and quite possibly the greatest insight into really making lifestyle health improvements so much so that we opened up HRV coaching to the rest of the members at our training studio and their results too were amazing!
Stress has such a powerful impact on your well being because it is a natural response that is activated in the brain; you cannot prevent it, but you can learn to manage it and direct it, and do things that enhance your natural recovery processes.
What are the BENEFITS of doing HRV?
- Track (trend) your progress
- Improve your resilience and adaptability
- Customize your training and optimize recovery time
- Personalize your nutrition, sleep and exercise protocols
- Provide early warning signs for changes in your health, overtraining or maladaptation - Abnormalities in heart rate variability are associated with everything from cardiovascular disease to eating disorders to diabetes to depression – and probably most other diseases where stress is a factor.
- Help you re-balance the nervous system with live biofeedback
- Help you to objectively understand motivation and willpower
- Help you to identify risk of morbidity and mortality
Changes in HRV have been correlated to 9 of the 10 leading causes of death in the United States, including:
- Heart disease (cardiovascular disease)
- Chronic lower respiratory disease
- Stroke (cerebrovascular disease)
- Alzheimer's disease
- Influenza and pneumonia
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome & nephrosis
- Intentional self-harm (suicide)
- The ONLY top killer is not correlated with it is Road Injury!
Join us to design your Stress-Proof Life!
Your Time Is Precious, work with us 1 on 1 with us as your Personal Health Coach Concierges. We will guide you in your daily course corrections. Limited Availability.